Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Introductions

Started by h3l10s, October 10, 2013, 06:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h3l10s

Hello all, I wanted to take the time to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I am h3l10s and I'm coming to Sparky by way of Manjaro Linux. I have been a Linux user for a few years now so I'm not a complete noob. I just installed the lxde version on my netbook last night and I'm absolutely loving it so far. Anyway, I hope to help out where I can and look forward to diving into this distro a lot further when I have some free time.

dhinds

As you can see, I am dhinds and I just registered for this forum and this is my first post.  I am running Sparky MATE 3.1 64 bit on a Lenovo ThinkPad W520 from the live DVD at the moment and am very comfortable with this distro except for one issue with Wine (installed by default but dysfunctional at present) which I assume can (and hopefully will) be corrected.

If a solution is provided to the problem with Wine (details were posted to the Applications Forum as per the moderator's request)  I will be installing and using Sparky here in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.

pavroo

This is an introduction topic.

Move your Wine problem to Applications section, please.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

pinkfloydfan

Howdy from the Sunshine State (Florida). I am a returning user of Sparky. I am quite impressed with the e-17 version. I hope to interact with you all in a positive way and hope to meet new friends here. I used to be known in this forum previously as bravodelta58 so Hi! pavroo. Again Thank You all for allowing me to be a part of this.

pavroo

Hi bravodelta58

Nice to see you again.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

pinkfloydfan

Same here pavroo.

dhinds

Quote:

Quote from pavroo on October 12, 2013, 14:16

This is an introduction topic.

Move your Wine problem to Applications section, please.

Done!  The solution provided worked and Sparky Mate 64 bit is now installed as the main OS on a dual boot system with Win 7 Pro 64 bit on a Lenovo ThinkPad W520 w/ 2 500 Gb HDs and 16 Gb of DDR3 RAM.

IOW, I am no longer a Sparky tourist, but rather a Sparky user.  I have found Sparky Mate to contain the tools I require to get my work done without an excess of complications and can therefore recommend it as a viable solution to prospective users of Linux Operating Systems.

After experimenting with the options and add-ons available for creating custom panels, I was able to construct a combination of panels and add-ons capable of dealing efficiently with the tasks I am likely to face during the day and have found solutions for unforeseen problems by searching and posting to the Sparky Forum.

In conclusion, I consider Sparky to be a viable option, worthy of consideration by those looking for a rolling replacement for M$ Windows and less practical Linux alternatives (and I've tried a lot of them).

Hi Im cam2000

just installed sparky on netbook and desk top

have been using mint LMDE for a while and daul booting with win7

Sparky is faster and looks good Ive installed the E17 version

posted a question about resolution on when plugged into a TV if any one can help

Ive made the linux robot picture my wall paper

thanks

Hi team. My laptop sucks, but I need it to do homework while I'm away from campus, so SparkyLinux seemed to be a pretty good option. I'm just trying it out. I'm about to graduate with BS in Computer Engineering, so I'm not a total noob... but I also don't have much experience with linux in general, so don't expect too much from me.

I mostly got the account to respond to that one person about enabling tap-click on their track-pad on startup... but also I foresee needing help getting wifi enabled. I'll be around the forums a bit. I hope to help the others while I'm here, and not just ask for help ;)

rayman3264

hi folks I'm Ray i have been using linux since fedora 6 first to find out how far it had come since the txt days then went full time dualboot winxp & fedora7 ....I'm switching to sparky for 2 reasons the main & important one is after 2 years of fighting off upgrades that wrecked my systems functionality time and time again I have been looking for a distro I felt more suited my needs . ie instead of a dual boot and virtual machines etc I believe Sparky could prove to be a true all round replacement for my main setup ...I'm a little out of date at present to do intend to make a valient effort at whatever i can . I'm not a prgrammer or a guru but i like to tinker ...

ps.. I have an intel 3.06 ht & onboard 5:1 sound with 7600gs nvidia  main fedora machine and hope to replace with this amd64 with creative x-fi 7:1 card & 8600gt nvidia  .....I know there old skool now but with multiple screens,,, back in there day lol .. these were gaming gods

The Black Pig

A big welcome to you all and a happy new year

rayman3264

happy new year ..

Clarkyboy

Hi, I'm Clarkyboy, new to Linux in any form, but thought this one sounded fun to get to grips with.  I started in DOS many years ago but have been using Windoze with my later machines through inertia.  Just about to install Sparky3.2 Gameover in 2 machines (one as dual-boot), so I'll probably be needing a fair bit of help to get everything running correctly

rexbouwense

Hi all.  While not a new Linux user, I am new to Sparky.  I downloaded the LXDE version and prepared a bootable flash drive using Unetbootin.  I have been playing around with the system to insure that everything works on my ASUS EeePC 1000 which I have set up with various distros all with LXDE and so far so good.

Synister

Hi, Yall

This is my first Debain OS and I'm fairly new to Linux in general. So, if yall pretend that I don't know much you wont be far off :). On a side note the word Synister, in older versions of english, can imply being left handed. Gameover is great and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

View the most recent posts on the forum